Thursday, August 08, 2013

Bike rides

I've decided after my fun bike ride (attempt mostly) last Friday, that a "moderate" rating on a bike trail really means "only-attempt-if-you're-MODERATELY-fit", no fat people allowed. "Moderate" hills are bitch! That being said, the 20 mile trip we'd planned turned into 6 miles of pure torture. Doesn't help that my bike wasn't wanting to shift gears very well. Good news is, I probably got just as much, if not more of a workout from the 6 miles of hills versus the 20 miles of flat. That being said, I think our next ride will focus on the flat surface 20 mile-r and work our way up to the "moderate" hills. I've slacked BIG TIME on getting started back into a reliable routine. It's like some vicious cycle... I get off track, lose all desire and energy to get started again. But once I get going, I HAVE the energy for it. Heaven forbid I take a break. I like to use money as an excuse to not get started as well. I am a procrastinator and avoider at heart. I'm working on that. ;) Until next time.

No comments:

Post a Comment